Vet Extracts Massive Object from Distressed Kitten's Nose, Leaving Viewers Uneasy

The Nebraska Humane Society has shared a disturbing video as a warning to pet owners about the Cuterebra parasite. This fly parasite infects dogs and cats, particularly those that spend time outdoors. The parasite's eggs attach to the hairs of the host and hatch using the body heat. The larvae are inadvertently licked and swallowed by the animals during grooming. The larvae can burrow into the animal's cavity or skin, causing swelling and difficulty in breathing. The NHS advises pet owners to bring their infected animals to the vet rather than attempting to remove the parasite themselves.

news flash